Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Been a while...

The past few months have been such a whirlwind, and I haven't taken the time to write about them. It's only 11 days now until the wedding (MAJOR SQUEE!!!), and almost everything is buttoned up. Sonny and I need to finalize the ceremony details, put the finishing touches on seating charts, and in general sweep everything together for the big day.

When I say "Sonny and I", I actually mean mostly Mom and Amanda, since they have both been really running the show (in a GREAT way), helping us get organized. If we'd been left to our own devices, we'd be having a reception in the backyard with hamburgers and hot dogs. And while there's nothing inherently wrong with that, I'm definitely excited about the "Crab Cake Action Station" that will be at the reception, not to mention the inch-thick prime rib our guests will be enjoying.

Let's see...outside of wedding-type things, I've decided to switch schools from Walden University to Phoenix. I had originally avoided going with the University of Phoenix because I thought I'd get much more in the way of indidivual attention - well, it turns out that wasn't really true at all. The application process with Phoenix has been really great, and I'm confident that my overall experience will be a lot more positive.

Other than that, I have made the decision to suspend my studies of Dutch for a while (apparently my accent is very German, which I want to work on later), and I will be focusing primarily on my Irish studies. Also, I'll be working on improving my musical ability with the bodhran, the pennywhistle, and a basic harp.

More to come...

No comments: