Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Solstice - Gone & Done with LOTS of changes!


So, a lot has happened since the summer solstice this past Monday. A lot has happened in the past year, actually, but I am excited about where all paths are leading. And I am VERY excited about many of the lessons I have been learning.

Having to juggle so many different priorities at once is really starting to take its toll on my over-achieving need to constantly commit myself to things. I have learned that I would rather not offer to help, than offer to help and be unable to fulfill what is asked of me. I want to strip some things away and really focus on the core of what I am trying to accomplish over the next year.

With the solstice I made a dedication to move towards more in-depth study, and more time spent on meditation and learning the nature of deity and my place within it.

So far, I've managed to plant an indoor garden of medicinal herbs, and have started going more in-depth with my studies of Qabalah. Looking forward to where we go from here, but I'm glad to at least be making some forward progress!

As to what has happened this week - poor Sonny (my handsome hubby) got sick for the first time in forever, his great friends came to visit (unfortunately coinciding, but we managed to have fun I think!), and I started my MBA program up again. I'm really excited about studying with the University of Ph
oenix - it's a great school and I'm really enjoying my time there.

The last thing that happened is the biggest and the saddest. My poor little rabbit, Pan, passed away on Friday. It was very sudden and we miss him ter
ribly. The house is so empty and quiet without him - I never realized how much his presence really filled up our home. We're thinking of you, Pan. You will always be a part of our family.

No comments: