Friday, April 25, 2008

In the paper!

It's fun to be in the newspaper about something I'm really proud of! (I've had problems with media in the past...boo hiss to underhanded reporters...)
But regardless! Check out the article that was written in the local Florham Park paper about the Mount Pleasant Animal Shelter (http://www.njshelter.org/)! It's a great shelter that I've had the priviledge of volunteering at since this January. You can read the article by clicking here.

I even got my picture in the paper - not that it's anything to write home about. I look a bit like a neckless...well, a neckless something with white polka dots. But Callie, the cat in the picture, looks adorable! She's a wonderful creature - I wish I could take another one home, but with three cats and a rabbit in the apartment already, so we're full up. :-(


This is a better picture of Callie. She's been at the shelter for a while, but only because she has a heart condition. She just needs a pill once a day - that's all. I'm thinking that she would be a perfect match for my grandfather - he is recovering from a stroke and is relatively mobile, and improving every day. Callie is a wonderfully affectionate cat who doesn't get too overly worked up about anything - I think they would be very happy together. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for now.


With them in mind in particular, but all the animals that need adoption (and all the people that would be so much happier with an animal companion) in mind, I'm going to throw these runes out there...

1 comment:

della stella said...

Hooray for being in the paper! I haven't been in the paper since my high flying career in PSU's student government. :-P

Neckless? Lol...