Friday, May 2, 2008

One Crazy Weekend...



I know it's already the Friday before this coming weekend, but last weekend was absolutely insane and I feel the need to at least post about it a little bit. It was our company's first quarter VP meeting, and guess who got to organize it? I also got to actually attend the conference, which was in Cambridge, MD (right near Chesapeake Bay). It was absolutely gorgeous! Check out the view from my room...

Feel free to salivate. :-) There was (obviously) a huge golf course, we were right on the water, and the hotel itself was beautiful. However, I (in short order) turned my room into a little workaholic's dream...check out the packets for the meeting "in vitro" before they were completed...



Overall, I think the meeting went really well. Everyone arrived at the hotel safely, (which was great news), and the meeting and food delivery went fairly well too. I already have some 'areas for improvement' for our next meeting, which will apparently be held out in the midwest. Hurray! Except for the flying bit...but maybe they wont need me to attend this time!


Norn stayed with Mom and Dad, and Frigga and Freyja were on their own for four whole days! I felt so badly leaving them, but after seeing how normal and happy they were when I got back, I'm glad I didn't plunk them into the Petsmart Petshotel yet. I'd rather they be somewhat lonely but at home rather than somewhat lonely and somewhere strange. However, when I have my 'procedure' at the end of May, they're going to be there for at least 10 days...:-( I feel so badly, but they are just way too rambunctious for me to take care of when I'm sick and then to haul them up to Canada...I'd never see them again.


So we'll just have to deal with it one step at a time. There's also the issue of my sister's wedding in August - they'll have to be boarded then too. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I just hate the feeling of leaving them behind.

1 comment:

della stella said...

That's it, the wedding is off. I wouldn't want to piss off the itty bittiy kitties! Especially the one that jumps. She scares me.