Friday, May 30, 2008

Ren Faire Costume!

I am a huge fan of the Ren Faire. As such, it is very important that I be appropriately garbed at all times, and my sister Amanda (whose craft goodness can be seen at her blog, Della Stella) has graciously offered to make me a new costume for my birthday.

Here's the pattern:


I'm aiming to have the dress on the left with the shirt on the right (I've never been terribly fond of a high collar, but I love the open front of the skirt). The colors I asked for were dark blue and dark green, and apparently Amanda has located some primo brocades from which to craft the dress. I'm really excited to see how it looks.

On another note, I'm very excited about the hat contest we're having at Amanda's bridal shower in the middle of June. She sent out these plain straw hats as invitations, and we're supposed to decorate them for a contest that will be judged at the party. The prize is in theme with the rest of the party: we're having an 'old fashioned' high tea, and the winner will receive (among other things) a beautiful teapot quilt that my mother is currently making.


I can't show pictures of the hat until after the contest (because Amanda does actually read my blog from time to time, though she rarely posts..ahemahem...), but I'll take them and post them up after the party's over. Along with the gift I'm going in on with some other folks...I don't personally understand it, but I obey the registry...


We'll be going to a Jimmy Buffet concert with my parents on the 14th as well, which is right before the shower. I've planned something special for Father's Day, which should be a real blast. I just need to figure out how to fit everything into one weekend (as usual).


In any case, will post more later. Right now I'm enjoying the (rather cold) wilds of Canada, and we're driving home tomorrow. In the meantime, I guess I should get some homework done...urgh...

2 comments:

della stella said...

Woo hoo! Thanks for sending over your measurements. Now I can get started!!

I am excited to see your hat! I need to get started on mine, as well...

della stella said...

COrset is almost finished... stuff is getting cut out for the skirt and shirt... woot!