Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SURGERY

It has come.

:: sigh :: The final verdict is that I should go ahead with the surgery for my endo. August 5th is set in stone (for real this time). With the relative failure of other hormonal methods to control my symptoms, I don't want to launch into using Lupron without due cause and a backup method. My hope is that by having the surgery first and following it Lupron, the two will work together to make the results 'stick'.

Since a full-term pregnancy just isn't going to be possible for probably about another five years, it looks like I'm just going to have to wait this out and cross my fingers that the procedure takes for longer this time. If it could even give me another year before the symptoms start returning, I think I could make it until I could have a pregnancy.

Won't my firstborn be lucky? Not only will he or she be generally adored for being a firstborn, but they'll also have saved me from the clutches of Endo. Extra rations for the little ones in that case, then. :-)

1 comment:

della stella said...

Huzzah for extra rations!

Five years, hmm... is that something to do with the surgery, or just timing that works for you?