Wednesday, July 30, 2008

LymeWatch: Day Whatever...

Since there's no way of knowing how long I've had this ridiculous bug, I can't say what day I'm on. However, despite some rather nasty effects of the medication, I'm glad to know I'm on it, and am looking forward to mended-ness.

In the meantime, this has actually helped me to re-focus a lot on my priorities right now (as well as my budget). What with the upcoming surgery and other issues, I have to make sure I'm managing my time (and money) well so I have less to worry about.

This refocusing effort has resulted in a resuscitation of my studies of Irish Gaelic. Conclusion for now: IRISH IS HARD. Aside from the apparently random lenition that I have to deal with at the beginnings of nouns, there are about a zillion different endings for both masculine and feminine nouns (gone are the days of -o and -a from my beloved espanol...).

I know it's worth the effort, but it's about as puzzling as the consistent dead ends I find in my studies of the Travellers. However, I do have a light at the end of the tunnel - my goal is to be able to start reading my Irish-language edition of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by Christmas. I originally thought Thanksgiving, but in the interest of my own sanity I'd rather be pleasantly suprised by an unexpected early accomplishment than disappointed by a rather predictable failure.

So there's the update for now. Next Tuesday is my surgery - I think I'll try to post more about that in the interest of educating anyone who wants to know about it what a laproscopic procedure for endometriosis is like. Ta for now.

No comments: