Sunday, December 7, 2008

Week in Review

Since I'm taking a break from my homework (nothing like studying the 'innovation' behind three aspects of the current Web 2.0 networking scene to really stimulate the ol' brain cells), I'm quickly reviewing a meeting I attended this week.

The Northern New Jersey Pagan Fellowship is a great bunch of folks out here in NJ. They have meet and greets once a month, haven't missed a Sabbat in like 5 years, run Esbats that are geared towards learning and collaborative fellowship, and have a real dedication towards creating a group that is built on a foundation of dedicated, core members and is also open to the general public. A hard balance to strike, but they definitely do a great job.

They're having a Yule celebration on the 21st, and I am definately aiming to go. I've been to two meetups so far (one before my engagement, this past week after life finally simmered down enough for me to attend again), and they've been great. I'm interested to report back on how things go.

Also, some GREAT news:

After watching my beloved tripod Norn hobble around in the colder weather, I have been very worried about the state of her hip. I still plan to get her some fresh X-Rays after the holidays (unfortunately they're expensive, and without sign of an infection I won't rush it), but after observing her all weekend I feel greatly reassured. Norn's a recovering feral cat (who is very sweet and gentle, but still wild), and she doesn't like me hovering over her. She scuttles around from comfy spot to comfy spot, but I can see now that she is happy and comfy and even playing with her sisters. I feel greatly reassured.


I should point out that this good state of health is, in no small part, due to the gift of a heated pet bed by my sister Amanda. I wanted to buy one for her but couldn't afford it (they are enormously expensive). Her gift meant a lot to me, and it is something all the cats enjoy every day.

2 comments:

Cakelet said...

I have a wild kitty too who is going to the vet tomorrow because of a swollen paw. I'm worried about getting her into the carrier. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop a towel on her and make a grab. There's no other way. Sometimes she purrs and lets me pet her, but never for long. Usually, after a few seconds of petting she gives me a quick bite or slash and then goes right back to purring. ?! Schizo kitty.
Props to your sister for being a friend to the kitties (and, by proxy, to you) That was a very nice gesture.
I, also, would like a heated bed!

della stella said...

Heated beds for everyone! Huzzah!