Tuesday, January 20, 2009

7 POUNDS

No, not the movie.

7 pounds is how much I lost my first week on Weight Watchers. And honest to goodness, I didn't even really feel like I was dieting.

Sure, I was hungry a bit more often than I used to be - but not bone-aching, stomach churning hungry, just sort of - oh, maybe I should eat - hungry.

I ate tilapia and fruit and even a twix bar and an Arby's sandwich. I had juice and ice-cream and, quite frankly, thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't feel deprived. I didn't feel forced. And now, 7 pounds lighter, I feel great.

I know next week probably won't be as spectacular. But today I'm going to the gym, and I've also resolved to try a new Shiva yoga tomorrow night.

But for right now, I am just pleased as punch (which, by the way, is only 2 points if you drink the all-natural, no-sugar-added stuff. Which is quite good. :-D)

2 comments:

della stella said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That's, like, two and a half chiuauas.

Cakelet said...

Sweet! I wish you continued success. Feels good, doesn't it?