Friday, January 23, 2009

My kitties...

:::sigh::

So, I found out on Tuesdya night that both Freyja and Frigga have HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). I have known that Freyja has it since this summer - we found out about Frigga when they accidentally performed the follow-up echo on Frigga (apparently it's hard to tell my little ones apart...)

Anyway. It just brought back all the uncertainty and sadness I felt when Freyja was first diagnosed. When I dropped them off for their physicals (I just enrolled them in Banfield's awesome Optimum Wellness Plan), I was having these horrible intrusive daymares about having to put Freyja down.

I need to focus on the fact that they are healthy and I am doing all I can to keep them that way. Ah, the power of positive thought...

2 comments:

Cakelet said...

Awww, kitties. Don't panic. Just take the best care of them you can and love them alot, which you obviously do. I read a little about hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. They say it sometimes occurs in serious athletes and its a thickening of the heart muscle. So think of it this way: your kitties have super-strong hearts! I hope they live long, healthy lives in spite of their diagnosis.

ArachneDefiant said...

Thank you, Cakelet. :-) Your kind words are very much appreciated. Truly. They are both strong girls and so full of love, it's no wonder their hearts are getting bigger.