Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Okay. So, I'm delving a bit deeper into my "New Year's Resolutions" that I mentioned in the last post. Hopefully putting them out into the ether will be a good way to hold me to them - or at least you guys all get to listen to me bitch and moan about them as I slog my way through. :-)

1. Focus more on schoolwork
As you may (or may not) know, I'm enrolled to get my MBA (with a concentration in Project Management) in November of 2009. I'm studying through Walden University, which I highly recommend. I'm going to really stick it to my classes and actually, you know, try to read all the stuff I'm supposed to. :-)

2. LOSE WEIGHT
Again, as you may or may not know, I'm engaged to be married in the late spring of 2010. My amazing fiance loves me just as I am, but I could stand to be a little less jiggly. I'm joining Weight Watchers (we shall see if they are as lame as I'm worried they will be), and joining a gym (Planet Fitness) where I will go with a friend from work AT LEAST 3 times a week. Well, 2 times a week to start. Then 3 times a week. Totally.

This is starting up next week, on the 12th. My first WW meeting will be on Wednesday. I'm going alone, which is a bit scary, but I'll be fine. As my mother so eloquently puts it, I can "talk to a brick wall". Hopefully it will be at least slightly more exciting than that.

3. Expand spiritual awareness
Okay, so I'm already taking some great strides with this. I've joined the Fellowship, I attended my first group ritual, and am signed up for a class on the Nature of the God/dess for late January. In addition to that, I'm starting a 'journey' (I wouldn't call it a class) through the Sisterhood of the Silver Branch which ought to be interesting. I'm very focused on book learning, and this is much more geared to the personal experience itself - actual ritualwork, which is what I really need experience in. This starts on January 26th (the new Moon), so you'll hear all about it once it starts. I'm hoping for a much more ethereal and far less cerebral experience than I usually craft for myself.

Anyway, that's that for now - hopefully this will help me keep on target. More exciting updates to come...

1 comment:

Cakelet said...

Your resolutions sound pretty ambitions -- but pretty reasonable, too. I think you can pull them off. I dd weight watchers some years back. Lost fifteen pounds in about 9 months. It's a good program. For me, it was the weekly weigh-ins keeping me honest that helped the most. Good luck with all your resolutions. Make some progress. Be proud of yourself.