Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gardening - Getting Out There!

I absolutely love gardening. Right now, I'm actually recovering from a rather nasty illness, so fantasizing about spending time outdoors is a great way to pass the time in bed. And the great authors over at 2 Witches actually put up this post today specifically about the value of gardening!

With Ostara looming right around the corner (how did it get to be the middle of March?!?), it's the perfect time to start planning out how to work with the earth to create a beautiful outdoor sacred space, that can nourish our bodies with fruits and vegetables, nourish our spirits with good ol' fashioned outdoor work, and nourish our spirituality by connecting us with the Goddess.

I'm looking forward to planning out my garden this year - I want some morning glories and other climbing plants to adorn the otherwise blank exterior of my apartment. I'd also like to put down some marigolds and other 'sunny' plants to celebrate the beauty of the sun. And of course, I'm putting in some herbs and veggies to keep my tummy happy.

More to come - but for now, it's a fun fantasy. Indulge yourself in some pre-planting imaginations!

2 comments:

Cakelet said...

Sounds like you're going to have some fun digging in the dirt pretty soon. The only ones who did in the dirt in my yard are my two enormous dogs. But some day, I think I would like to plant a garden. The first three things I would plant would be green beans, carrots, and potatoes because those are my three favorite vegetables. Oh, and sweet potatoes, too. Mmmm.

Maggi said...

I am a big time gardener. I realized that my house in MD is starting up with its spring blooms now. I miss it! Last year I spent 3 weeks in CA during may so I missed the whole show. This year I'm about to start planting. I can't wait!